HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

First EV bike ride.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

8/9/24 4:46 PM

First EV bike ride.

So Victoria, BC hotel [suite of 1 BR apps] has a fleet for guests. The one I rode was a Bosch Drive pedal assist. It had ECO, Tour, Sport and TURBO modes.

What a tank 1st off, chopper front end. A good sum of the bike-way I took north from the wharf was packed small gravel. So if you got off it at the crown at the loose edges there could be trouble with how pumped up they keep the tires.

Bike ways limited to 30kph as are the bikes. I did not get blown by any hot rodded machines, they must exist.

So once you hit 28.6 kph it signs off and is done at 30 kph. If you try to push a hard low cadence it get harder to pedal by more than seems natural. But then again I bet it weighs +50lbs.

So best I could sustain was 32.3 for most of it by gearing down and using a high cadence of 90ish I'd say. In TURBO mode I should mention. It was the only place high RPM seemed not make it harder to pedal.
Touring mode was great for constant lower cadence 20ish kph.

Anyway, while Elaine took a nap I went and ran about 1/2 the battery out of one these turds. But still not as bad and the non EV Trek Hybrids we rented in 2019 on our TOC Race CA trip. Those only would go straight, or wobble. This thing you could slalom about obstacles decently.

I what my light weight machine, can't wait to ride a nice bike when we get home.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -