HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Trying a 'shorts' change in direction.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

9/11/23 5:48 PM

Trying a 'shorts' change in direction.

My last 2 good shorts getting long in the tooth. So I went shopping, which with me means best stuff clearance if I can find it.

Got two 'Specialized Men's SL Race Bib Shorts' MSRP 200.00 ea. shipped for 115.00 for both. Not different, yet...

I immediately upon one ride went back to find more, my size all gone.

But saw the 'Specialized Men's Mountain Liner Bib Shorts with SWAT'

Just did a ride with these. They are a bib with pad you are meant to have shorts over. [as in liner].

These have a fly flap like briefs and the pad does not go forward like road pad would. I had the perfect sports shorts to go over. 2 layer with a spandex inner with a slightly loose outer.

I was curious how no taint forward pad was going to feel. Noticed less crowded in the 'leg meets hip' area quickly. I took the Boone and rode in the woods. I sit a touch more upright on it, bars +2ish CM higher than road bike.

Next I will try this on a road ride/bike with less stack, see if the more road rotated hip will make for them not working as well as off road.

But it isn't like I rotate hips forward like 15 years ago with 10-11CM of saddle/bar drop. More like 8CM at most in my old age.

Anyone else use MTB stuff for road riding?

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -