Tom Price

6/26/21 7:15 AM

Reminder: Tour de France starts today

NM

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dan emery

6/26/21 9:19 AM

Awesome stage

I was totally unaware the TdF was today, turned the TV on at 6 am to watch the news, the TV was on NBCSN because I’d been watching he Olympic Track and Field Trials, and there’s the Tour!

Reply to topic    

Tom Price

6/26/21 9:23 AM

Watch the last 11k and the aggressive finish!

lrzipris

6/26/21 10:13 AM

And apparently there has already been a huge crash, from what I read, caused by a careless spectator with a sign: https://www.velonews.com/events/tour-de-france/tour-de-france-mass-crash-in-opening-stage-causes-chaos/

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/26/21 10:57 AM

Froome went down hard too. Smokes..
Not to mention Pogacar's Nago snapped into bits.

As far as stage end, good stuff!

BTW: La Course by Le Tour de France last 10k or the entire race worth the view.

This may be a good link:

https://twitter.com/julienlamoureux/status/1408790600296681474?s=21

>The UCI announced that it is looking into the aerodynamics of invisible seat and chain stays, citing safety concerns. "A spectator may think that the bike doesn't actually have seat or chain stays, and may then place their sign too close to the bike, causing a crash when the invisible stays make contact with the sign. The safety of the riders is our primary concern."

More:[SPOILERS]
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/26/sport/fan-crash-tour-de-france-stage-one-spt-intl/index.html

Sparky

6/28/21 10:56 AM

Heads up on the Peacock streaming. Looks to be the same on demand server source as was the sports gold feed. It has both the Ausi and NBCSN commentating stages separately, as did Sports Gold. But on Gold the awesome app with stats on the side of the vid not there.

And it seems the Phil/bon NBCSC is only live and when you try to watch replays only the Ausi feed is there on the on demand system so far.

But you can watch the TDF for $4.99 pretty much. Quite surprised they blew up the SG subscription revenue stream. [see how I did that?] ;)

I pad the extra 5.00 for non commercial feed, but NBC does it anyway, some channels do.

But Elaine is watching 'Escape to the Chateau" which IS commercial free. Binge watch over the 114-5^ weekend closed up in out best insulated corner of the house with lease sun exposure etc. We can actually keep that room in the 70s temp wise, So f-ing hot...

Brian Nystrom

6/28/21 9:15 PM

Holy crap!

I wasn't able to watch the first three stages live, but I watched the highlight shows today and what a mess! I don't think I've ever seen this level of carnage this early in the race...or in any three stage stretch before. It's simply horrifying!

I hope the fan that took out Martin ended up with a broken arm, some time in jail or a hefty fine, which is what he deserves. Moron!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/28/21 10:19 PM

What 'she' deserves I believe...

Brian Nystrom

6/29/21 10:22 AM

Correct. The latest info I've seen is that she's German and fled France after causing the crash. The ASO is searching for her and plans to sue her once she's found. Hopefully, there will be criminal charges that can be brought against her, too.

Reply to topic    

Andy M-S

6/30/21 9:30 AM

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/tour-de-france-opi-omi-spectator-arrested-according-to-report

Sparky

6/30/21 2:15 PM

Update to the above Peacock replay streams.

Today I went on and the replay for stage 5 was there for both the US and Ausi Commentated feeds.

Fixed?

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -