HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Masks
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
lrzipris

5/21/20 6:25 PM

Jesus, Jesus Saves, what got you so angry? One of the great things about this forum, unlike other sports forums I follow, is that we generally respect each other even though we may disagree. Ad hominem arguments and insults add nothing to the debate.

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

5/22/20 6:31 PM

Isolation?

Informed by headlines that isolation has brought forth anger, I speculate.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Jesus Saves

5/24/20 7:17 AM

Many unaswered questions

Yes. I agree with what makes this forum great. And no I am not angry.

Rather, I am a very astute observer of human biases and self awareness, including my own. This topic has been an excellent case study. I find it fascinating. Really so.

Thank you for the concern and making it clear what your perception is.

However I do think so ad hominem attacks have been pointed at me. It's not really a debate when KI does not answer the question about why he chose inflation for i or use a financial calculation in lieu of an (income) insurance pricing calculation. Or how about the relevance of the dunning kruger effect? They still remain unanswered and unacknowledged.

They are very fair and on topic questions.

Who's debating that with me? No one. Why is that?

What was the point of DA's gratuitous post?

Or Sparky's repeated injections of only adding to the debate/conversation of are we done yet? Gratuitous. For sure. And it has happened many other instances in other threads/topics, directed at other people. It's sadly predictive and pathos.

He went out of his way to voluntarily write. Time well spent, maybe not you think? Would you walk over to another group in a bar and interrupt them like that? I don't think so unless you want to get your ass kicked. Or are you a big fan of Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber?

I provide a lot of topical, substative content concerning the questions I ask. If you do not want to respond to it or feel uncomfortable by such so be it.
That's okay. Having no interest in the topic and telling others to stop is not cool. Doubling down and digging your heels in deeper when getting called out patiently and politely by a subject matter expert, doubly not cool or okay.

You see it cuts both ways.

There's other topics to read and participate in on the forum. Have fun with that. I am not singling out you in particular.

Have a fine day, sir. To you and to all. Peace to you and maybe I, while Festivus for the rest of us.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/24/20 10:12 AM

"Or Sparky's repeated injections of only adding to the debate/conversation of are we done yet?"

You being in output mode did not notice, I was not participating, rather observing mostly.

Participation on my part could accidentally be construed as moderating to what degree the adults in the room mostly require nudges before things get out of hand. If said nudges work even a little I am OK with that direction as I am Moderating with some success at that point. It usually works without douch-bagery being inserted.

There are Moderators here, and I am one of them. So any behavioral nudges are bonafide.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

5/24/20 10:28 AM

JS, the real point is that this thread has run its course and nobody cares anymore. Let it die or take it offline. Go for a ride; that's what I'm doing shortly.

Reply to topic    

KerryIrons

5/24/20 1:32 PM

Done

I agree with Brian, but I can't get over that JS completely misreads what I post. As the most glaring example, he says I assumed 8% inflation. I did not. 8% is the compounding rate that SS "pays you" if you hold off taking your payments. Well known fact. My original statement stands.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -