CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

For cycling psyche/hopefulness/health thread.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

4/10/20 12:55 PM

For cycling psyche/hopefulness/health thread.

I almost sent this 'Helix Disc Frame' back in the interest of not spending after the fact. But the process and building have been VG for my psyche.

The folks not working now that the weather is 65-70 mostly are scooping up bikes. You can get out and not be around folk. The bikes I though the pandemic would cause to not sell off are moving all of a sudden.

So now very glad I decide not to send the Helix Disc frame [& ENVE TA disc fork] back. Although I have totally stalled the wheel build/buy and will stick with my last built disc wheels for the interim.

Again I let a Lynskey stupid sale make me shed coin I maybe should not have. But this started Mid Feb.

Pic is the initial test cfg to see if/amount luv... I also had a Wolf Road link I never tried, so a SS Dura Ace RD and Wolf Road Link for a 1x with a 11-40 works I can attest.

I locked the FD to the small chain ring so as not to tear things off/up ;). The 22 GI lowest gear test use on a steep hill locally was not as much overkill as I expected [insert embarrassed emoji].

That setup is temporary, but fun for hills.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dddd

4/11/20 10:42 AM

That came out rather well. Short cage mech, yikes!

Time marches on, enjoy your purchase!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

4/11/20 6:06 PM

"Short cage mech, yikes!"

The Road Link drops the SS RD clear of the 40t, the RD capacity is 33, it is locked onto one front ring. 40-11 = 29, well in capacity.

Not permanent anyway...

Sparky

4/12/20 2:35 PM

Changed it up to test the Wolf Road links impact on the SS RD setup. Untrimmed front to allow both chainrings. 34/50

I popped on an 11 speed HG800-11-34. The ten speed shifters with 11s chain used plays nice as expected, few times I have done it all do FWIW.

Front is 34/50, I tried 10 of the smallest cogs first. The took some cable out, added a few links, and trimmed RD for 10 of the 11 cogs as an 13-34 [13-15-17-19-21-23-25-27-30-34]. Should be good hilly solo riding gaps and ratios. 27GI low, will be 24GI with the 30/46 rings. But loose 6 GI up top. You can always loosen the cable adjustment and use the smaller 10 cogs I suppose. ;)

B-screw buried but not reversed, but road link rotated a tad in that direction then tightened.

This is 4t over capacity for the SS RD, but I always used to push hose 2 over in the old days for climbing cassette/rides. Normal RD hanger, b-screw reversed.

Even though Wolf sez capacity has to be maintained, The usual shimano conservative capacity seems improved. It shift to the 34 fine, better than my old 30t mods of yesteryear. Which were noisey and clumsy in the 30t but when you needed it your huffing and puffing would drown it out...

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -