HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Centerpull preferred to discs

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

10/22/19 4:19 PM

Centerpull preferred to discs

This is well beyond the level of stuff that I worry about, but I present it here for discussion actually related to cycling (and I am as guilty as anyone of introducing extraneous content):

https://janheine.wordpress.com/?utm_source=Retail+Customer+Newsletter&utm_campaign=074316a96c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_11_29_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f74fbd5ca8-074316a96c-108703741&mc_cid=074316a96c&mc_eid=1124689c2b

For anyone who cares, have at it!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

10/22/19 7:03 PM

That is actually a nice consolidation of all the separate articles we have all read, and long forgot the details there-to.

I kinda still like a good ole 28" disc, as I usually say whenever this comes up. ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

10/22/19 8:04 PM

The alleged disadvantages of disc brakes are seriously overblown, but he makes a well-reasoned case for centerpulls for the type of riding he does and the type of bikes he rides. However, unless you're talking about direct-mount brakes, I don't see them providing better braking than a sidepull, dual pivot or one of the modified sidepulls like the Feathers and their clones that I use. They only have a real advantage if you're using tires bigger than 28 mm. I don't, except on bikes that I also ride off-road, where discs have a clear advantage.

What this article really proves is that there are different solutions for different types of riding. That's not exactly news, but it's good to know that there are quality centerpull brakes available if one has a need for them.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -