HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

”Roughing it” in south China

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
April

5/24/19 9:11 PM

”Roughing it” in south China

Most here know I was born and raised in China. But when I used to live in China, though I biked everywhere like all Chinese, it was out of necessity. I never bike for recreation within China.

Last fall, I got to do a couple days of proper cycle touring in China when a childhood friend, who still lives in China and is part of a cycling group ( the group has a fancy name called “dream team”, as in Living the Dream), introduced me to the group. And I was invited to tag along on their bike camping trip. The group was going for a full week. My kiddy friend and I only did the first 3 days.

Here’s the link to my trip report on the other site. I’ll let the picture tell the story.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=147813

(Day 1 was the travel/riding day, with 56 miles. Lunch was a fancy feast that took 2 hours! Same for dinner and the next morning’s breakfast. That’s what you get when you’re cycle-camping-touring with a retired head chef of a restaurant in a 5 star hotel)

Day 2 &3 was more sightseeing. We stopped a lot to take pictures, and back track a bunch. It also includes an extended section of dirt road that has been turn by the previous day rain into muddy tracks. While I wish I had my cross bike with me, the little folding bike with 30mm tires took the challenge in stride

(Then we 2 gals folded up our bike and took the bus home while the guys continued on for a few more days)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

5/24/19 9:17 PM

Wow, some beautiful shots there...

A good friend's wife is from China, they go once a year since they married 2016. I get lots of pics when they get back. All also beautiful.

Side note: She is 4'10, he is 6'4. But they are like peas and carrots! ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -