HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Garmin buys Tacx

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dfcas

2/12/19 9:18 AM

Garmin buys Tacx

Not sure this is really newsworthy but someone here may care. I have a tacx Neo smart that has been wonderful. I hope support will be there in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/TacxOfficial/photos/a.444499178929559/2147967868582673/?type=3&theater

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

2/12/19 12:49 PM

We have two Neos and love them, but there have been a few connectivity and software issues. Garmin's abysmal record with software and firmware doesn't create a lot of confidence, but perhaps some of the issues will be resolved. If nothing else, Tacx will probably have more resources to work with. While they haven't always been able to correct issues I've raised, I've found them to be helpful, genuinely concerned about their customers and appreciative of feedback.

Reply to topic    

dfcas

2/12/19 1:22 PM

Maybe the pre garmin Neos will become valuable like a pre CBS Fender. Nah, nothing I have ever has value...

Brian Nystrom

2/12/19 4:20 PM

To me, its biggest value is that I can actually tolerate riding it! Prior to the Neo, I hated riding trainers and rarely ever did so. With the Neo, a good fan, a 24" monitor, a halfway decent pair of computer speakers and some videos of actual rides, I can almost enjoy riding indoors. At least I don't dread it now and actually ride the Neo, whereas other trainers I've owned have been little more than dust collectors.

Reply to topic    

Pino

2/14/19 4:03 PM

Had my first ride outside today this year and didn't suck.
Thanks to the Neo (and the desktop app and Zwift).

KerryIrons

2/15/19 10:03 AM

Enjoy

quote:
I can almost enjoy riding indoors

My cure for this issue over 40+ years is a reading stand with the rollers. Fans, yes. Music, yes. And the ability to catch up on all kinds of reading that I just don't have time for when I'm getting out on the roads. Of course I'm rolling down the driveway any time the weather is decent (pick your definition) but we're on the rollers roughly 4 months every winter.

I do 40 minutes, then 20 minutes of floor exercises, then another 20 minutes, and then 20 minutes of yoga. When spring comes around I've barely lost a step. Or at least compared to everyone else I'm doing fine.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -