HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Couldn't resist this one. [cycling content]

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

1/15/19 2:44 PM

Couldn't resist this one. [cycling content]

Lynskey Helix with full SR 11s 80th anniversary groupo and Fulcrum zero wheel, carbon rail saddle and bars. Tubeless tires as well. Light and stiff!

I guess 2012 is old school at this point, straight 1-1/8" fork, threaded BB. etc.

I googled the 11-29 Super Record 6 ti cog cassette. On sale for $400.00 @ colorado cyclist marked down from $585.00. Smokes! [$369.00 at Merlin UK]

I keep looking and keep finding. ;)

Took it up the hill here, nice stout BB and goes up like the proverbial goat.

Last edited by Sparky on 1/28/19 11:43 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dan emery

1/15/19 2:56 PM

Funky tubes nm

nm

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/15/19 3:13 PM

Twist-O-Flex, except the Flex. Quite stout on my initial hill push here...

I am sure they had some science when pushing this to be the latest and greatest next mouse trap.

Lynskey still does this twisty tube CFG on quite a few offerings...

dfcas

1/15/19 3:43 PM

Nice looking bike. looks like my size:) Is it an XL?

dan emery

1/15/19 3:44 PM

Science

"It's different so people will think they have to have one." :)

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/15/19 4:08 PM

"Is it an XL?"

Just a 'L'. My thought was to pull the groupo for myself, toss a 5800 group on it and flip it. But it fits OK to my surprise. Better than the 58 Domane I had. The bars have a healthy reach and I could still put n offset post as well.

Lynskey size chart sez, 72-75" tall rider for 'L', I used to be 73" about 15-20 years ago. I am now 72-1/4" exactly. XL for 74-77" tall rider.

It is also possible the seller has all the boxes for the groupo. Considering NIB 80th go for $3k, if I procure the boxes [buried in storage unit] and repackage will list on eBya as barely used as see if I can pop a $2.5k reserve. Then pop on a 5800 group I have and flip, yada.

We should be riding together soon anyway. Nice guy.

Sparky

1/15/19 6:31 PM

Fits semi-fatties with a little breathing room too. Although tight to the chainstay.

The 25mm Michelins swell up to about 29ish on 622x19 Pacenti Rims when aired up continually. Not been used in a few months with me on the disk gravel bikes and the 29er.

KerryIrons

1/16/19 3:15 PM

Saving $$

quote:
I googled the 11-29 Super Record 6 ti cog cassette. On sale for $400.00 @ colorado cyclist marked down from $585.00. Smokes! [$369.00 at Merlin UK]

Unless you're absolutely trying to keep it SR, a Chorus cassette will shift just the same, weigh a few grams more, and last a lot longer. Ti cogs wear really fast.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/16/19 4:41 PM

For sure, I ate up two D/A cassettes in the day quick and went cheaper after that.

Not to mention my 11 speed Shimano cassette/wheels shift perfectly on now three 11s campy bikes. This SR 80th, a full Chorus and a SR/Ti-Record/Chorus mix.

The front SR derailleurs are a bit scary looking on the longevity potential probability to my eye.

My mixed group has a Chorus FD and Chainset with SR Ergos and RD, and Record Ti Skeletons.

My end game is to loose all Shimano STIs.

Brian Nystrom

1/16/19 4:46 PM

That sounds like a good end game!

You never said how much you paid for this beast...

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/16/19 5:19 PM

Nobody asked... 1400.00 with Pedals and hopefully the orig boxes for the 80th groupo. He looked and said they were buried in his storage unit by furniture.

I went that high as it looks like it has 200 miles on it all. Not even the smallest scratch on anything.

Brian Nystrom

1/17/19 5:51 AM

That's a real steal! I'd almost feel guilty about it...almost. ;-)

Reply to topic    

dan emery

1/17/19 8:20 AM

low price

Actually, it kind of looks like it was in a crash and got pretzeled.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

1/17/19 11:05 AM

That's a rather twisted comment, Dan. ;-)

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/17/19 11:26 AM

"I'd almost feel guilty about it...almost"

I think it was a 'fair' real offer. One issue with craigs list sales is the BS, time wasters and most folks just not showing up. Or showing up and doing the seller a favor by stealing it with a low ball.

With the Del Sol for sale now I am on the receiving end now. I don't give an address until I know folks are actually on the way.

Sparky

1/17/19 11:29 AM

I looked and bought a Craigs List sewing table the other day. It was a very specialized folding two level thing. It was so interesting and potentially functional I had to go look at it for Elaine.

He was asking 150.00 and once I got there is was not anything like I perceived, and did not see the value in it for that kind of money. I told him so when I got there to look. He asked what price I could see the value in it. I said honestly and not low balling, $60.00. He said he would do $80.00. I said again all due respect, I don't see it @ 80.00. He said I will take the $60.00, you are the only one that actually showed up, and at the time we arranged out of 5 people. In this case it was a meet @ a storage unit. He said last guy showed up 2 hours after arranged time and he was long gone. Txted him and said "where are you?"

When I sell a music gear/bike/part I am a real tight ars about how my time is likely to be abused and disrespected. Elaine sez I am like john wayne toilet paper. I am rough and tough and don't take shit off anybody.

Sparky

1/25/19 1:10 PM

Helix Update

Getting a good amount of pedal time on the Helix.

Update would be, very responsive bike that encourages pushing one's self and the bike I am finding. Looking forward to wearing the 23mm tubeless Schwalbe Ones and putting on probably a 25 tubeless something. Maybe the GP5k TL. ;)
Should give a little more cush.

Sparky

1/25/19 3:33 PM

Addict LTD Out...

Update update.

The Scott Addict LTD I got in 2013-4 some may recall. Well I first got that 50/50 with my friend Scott to try to sell, but I bought him out cause I lusted to ride it.

Well near 6 years later, he just left here and he has now bought me back out. Only this time with Di2 on it. Gotta re-reimburse bank account for the Helix. ;)

So I will tweak it for a taller person, he being 4" taller than I. Fits him better anyway. ;) The new stem is only 1 CM longer and flipped up +6^, but also a taller and setback ISP cap, yada.

Recycled literally...

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -