CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

One coast burns, the other freezes solid.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

11/16/18 4:36 PM

One coast burns, the other freezes solid.

Wonder what the airports in bound NYC will look like for TG. MEH!

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Steve B.

11/16/18 8:22 PM

Don’t know, not ever going to try to fly into or out of NYC that week. Somebody has to die....

We got 4-6 inches of white crap unexpectedly yesterday. The early morning forecast said an inch to a coating, changing to rain in the afternoon, so everybody that drives thought “well, OK” and went to work.

Around 1PM it was 31 degrees (in Brooklyn), the forecast had changed to 3-5 and absolute fuc*ing chaos resulted. A co-worker went 20 miles in 3 hrs. I scooted out at 2:30 and it was only mildly chaotic but a mess. Kids in NJ at a school got stranded overnight and sleep on gym mats. A school bus of disabled kids took 6 hrs or more to get kids home, parents were nuts.

Every politico is playing the blame game but the realty is the weather forecasters just screwed the pooch.

Reply to topic    

RCoapman

11/18/18 4:54 PM

I left midtown at 0630 on Friday to give me plenty of time to navigate (in a cab) the trip to JFK through the beginnings of rush hour. Arrived at JFK around 0800 and settled in to the Delta lounge at 0835 for an 1120 (wheels up) flight. No more than 5mins later I got a text that my flight (direct JFK->SEA) was delayed 5.5hrs.

This eventually turned into 7hrs, actual wheels up was after 1820. Long day in the airport but I got home.

Funny part is that JFK was sunny, not too cold, and entirely devoid of snow when I arrived.

Reply to topic    

Matthew Currie

11/21/18 10:02 PM

Had a circus getting to Georgia from Vermont, hoping it's better going back next week. It's hard enough to get out of Vermont even when it isn't snowing. All the planes come from somewhere else, so if it's snowing there we still don't fly.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -