HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Facebook "notification" filtering?

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
April

10/8/18 7:38 PM

Facebook "notification" filtering?

I don't have teenage relatives. So I've had no "real" reason to be on Facebook. Unfortunately, two groups I'm associated with have chosen their primary communication channel as FB.

One is my cycling club. The other my condo.

The bike club has tons of posts, about ride changes (which I would get e-mail if I'm signed up for the particular ride), when people post picture of rides, or someone asking which is the best wheelset etc, etc.

The condo? Not so much. Only meetings & pot luck, which is about once every 3 months. And USEFUL INFORMATION such as the bus schedule is changed starting this Monday!

I'd like to received "notification" from the condo. But at the moment, I'm bombarded by notification of bike club postings instead. And the condo's notification got buried.

Trying to find the option at the group level but can't find it. Quick search seem to indicate the setting is at account level not group level. Wondering if there's custom solution out there?

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

daddy-o

10/8/18 7:45 PM

What's in it for me?

Sincerely,
FaceBook

(With apologies April, I know you want an answer not a comment. Wish I could help.)

daddy-o

10/9/18 6:01 AM

I know you aren't looking to volunteer, but we both know Facebook likes to keep things on the server side. Most page owners and friends don't know the first thing about controlling content.

If your club or condo association has a special tax status maybe you can volunteer for credit or deduction and create a widget for them that does what you want.

Or maybe everyone has money in the budget itching to get into your account.

https://developers.facebook.com/

April

10/9/18 6:54 AM

Not looking to “volunteer”, no. But I would develop the code and make a penny out of it!

However, I haven’t found a single need of mine not already met by existing code in public space. Most of the time directly and completely. The rest indirectly, or with minor modification. Being a late adopter to FB, I suspect this function exists already.

Kramer

10/9/18 8:34 AM

It can be done

Works best in a browser.

Go to where the notifications show up (red indicator upper right of screen).

Click the bell, go to the notification in the list you want to mute click on the three little dots and it should give you options to turn off notifications.

OR

You may need to go to the official page and you should see buttons for "liked" "following" "share" click on "following" and you'll see notification options there too.

Reply to topic    

sanrensho

10/10/18 12:23 AM

On the condo group page, set Notifications to "All Posts" and More to "Pin to Shortcuts."

That way you'll get notifications (Bell icon) every time someone posts to your Condo group, and you'll also have a shortcut to the group page.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -