Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Pursuit Cycles [Carl Strong]

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

5/23/18 3:24 PM

Pursuit Cycles [Carl Strong]

http://info.pursuitcycles.com/pre-launch-sneak-peek

I love the American Flyers and Breaking Away Posters framed and up on the shop wall. [lower slide show under Designed, Engineered and Made in Bozeman, Montana]

I get $13,500.00 picking the high price point options on the page. Rich guy market targeting. ;)

Geom seem very Koppenberg Domane to me.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Craig

5/24/18 1:01 AM

Four sizes. No custom.

They look good. They don't look $13,500 good.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

5/24/18 6:01 AM

Until you read the details, they look like generic Chinese frames. Subtle is one thing, but the looks of these could put you to sleep. ;-)

The geometry looks like pretty standard road fare in my size. I'll wait until someone reviews them to see if there's any "magic", but at a glance, they seem to be nothing special design-wise and rather over-priced. If there's something special here, they aren't promoting it very effectively. It seems that their only real claim to fame is exclusivity. Meh.

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

5/24/18 8:34 AM

There's a shop in Red Hook that does the same thing for $13,499. How can they survive with the overhead and the discount?

PLee

5/24/18 11:47 AM

In Red Hook? Who?

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/24/18 12:15 PM

Carl has a partner on this gig, and betting a separate LCC from his bread and butter welded, especially Ti frames/bikes.

I have been riding my disc Strong a bunch due to tasks in city locations of late. Dropping off Fit and not wanting to pay $17.00 daily for INS wavier for the rental car for example. ';).

daddy-o

5/24/18 5:39 PM

Sorry Mr. Lee, I was pulling your leg. Between the difference in overhead, the $1 discount and hipster vibe I was banking my shot on plausibility, not fact, for humor sake. Tip o' the hat!

Brian takes the cake for his subtlety remark hands down. 💤

Sparky

5/24/18 6:14 PM

I was going to ask Brian to stop holding back and tell us what he really thinks.

Considering it is hand made in the US, it sure will effect lust if it looks pedestrian like the Status Quo made in China counter parts.

I did not get that impression looking at it, anyone else besides Brian have that impression.

I think the trailer vin plate looking head badge is a mistake in the ascetics dept.

Why this in the link below from the page isn't there is beyond me. ;) Or just the askew infinity / S.

https://pursuitcycles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-square-13.svg

Tom Price

5/24/18 9:32 PM

Rental car insurance

Sparky: Check with your auto insurer, most policies have full coverage on rental cars.

Sparky

5/24/18 9:39 PM

I think we are cross threading a little bit, but...

Your INS covers the rental collision, otherwise it is 26-7.00 per day. It makes it so they don't charge your card for loss of use and diminished value upon a txting driver running into the rental, not like that can happen...

Read car rental contract, it is a huge liability potential if you don't get the damage wavier coverage.

Body shop called after pulling the bumper and inspection under cover.

Looks like the obvious new bumper cover/trim/paint, A frame machine body pull to align the right rear pocket [he said] and paint the quarter and clear. Under 3 grand total. Not that we care other than less is better, we ain't paying for it.

April

5/25/18 8:07 AM

"cross thread"? Wrong thread?

Or what does it matter. This is anything but cycling forum.

I finally used my facebook account for real. Annoying as it maybe, I can see why forums are dying left and right. There's nothing really worth walking about after ANY forum gone live for 2-3 years. Facebook works just as well. Or rather, not much worse than any forum software.

Brian Nystrom

5/26/18 6:56 AM

Screw Facebook! I'm teetering on the edge of deleting my account to get my information out of the hands of f-ing Zuckerberg.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/26/18 12:26 PM

"Or what does it matter."

It doesn't. Although in the context of me moving the two post into the other thread, yada.

"This is anything but cycling forum."

Or everything but... We manage some cycling content. ;)

There is only so much cycling shit we can cover I guess which we have not already?

Especially that we are aging cyclists certainly and the propensity to upgrade to the the markets idea of what we need [exclude the 12 speed SRAM stuff ;)] perhaps we are less susceptible. ;)

I'll go one better, Fuck Facebook. Like to get my info outta the hands of Google, like that is even possible.

"There's nothing really worth walking about after ANY forum gone live for 2-3 years."

The length of life here is an entity unto itself. Product of intimate size perhaps.

Sparky

5/26/18 12:29 PM

One of the slides in the gallery on the thread subject website/link shows this:

If I ordered one I would request they swap the HT pate and the DT emblems. ;)

I figure if I passed on the Domane SL10-RSL for 50% off @ $6k total.. A $5800.00 frameset is not even under the tires of my wheelhouse.

Sparky

6/1/18 10:41 AM

https://pursuitcycles.com

Site is officially tuned, open, and ready for orders.

Noticed flat not post mount discs. Isn't post the current standard?

Brian Nystrom

6/1/18 2:15 PM

No, flat mount is the current standard. It's rapidly replacing post mount in the market.

Frankly, I find these more interesting: http://t-lab-bikes.com/

They're billed as Ti bikes for carbon bike lovers. They're doing some interesting shaping of the tubes.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/1/18 2:37 PM

I find that more interesting as well. But I find myself loosing interest in Carbon anymore.

Was post supposed to replace flat, but it didn't take. Or do I have it backwards in memory.

Brian Nystrom

6/1/18 3:20 PM

You've got it backwards, flat mount is the latest "innovation" is disc brakes.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/1/18 3:45 PM

Actually, I am not strait on flat. ;) I thought after I got my Strong frame in 2015, post was replacing what style used.

So what type is this on the Strong? ISO? Before post and flat?

Brian Nystrom

6/2/18 7:47 PM

Yes, that's an ISO mount, which was superseded by post mount, which has been recently been replaced by flat mount.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -