CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Anyone else using Plex?

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic

1/12/18 3:28 PM

Anyone else using Plex?

Googling for a Plex specific/friendly file naming app/util program recommendation with no luck.

Last edited by Sparky on 1/12/18 8:45 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

1/12/18 5:32 PM

MP3Tag might be what you're looking for: but maybe you already have a tag editor. It handles a dozen or more formats, audio/video. If you're looking to rename files it has pretty friendly ways to do that with different approaches.

It's pretty much a tool for one task, no server, no transcoder, no codecs, no cloud, not a bunch of layers, yes stock keyboard shortcuts, drag a folder in and get to work. One thing I really like is it doesn't keep files locked. Yes while it's doing a write, but otherwise it doesn't get contend with Explorer and players.

It has a light footprint too. If you don't like it, it doesn't stay around when you uninstall it. I think it uses user-level ini type files, not registry edits.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -