Dan Emery may have a riding buddy this weekend

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
rickhardy
Location: Needham outside of Boston - the hub of the universe

10/16/15 2:34 PM

Dan Emery may have a riding buddy this weekend

Paul Sherwen
1 hr ·
Right- Bike's tuned up and ready to go- someone had the bright idea of signing me up for the 2 day 70 mile per stage event at the Dempsey Challenge- so the Paris Roubaix should give the added comfort!!!! Maine here we come
Paul Sherwen's photo.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208150857596315&set=a.1526503929686.2070013.1447317205&type=3&theater

Reply to topic    

dan emery

10/16/15 4:52 PM

Oh yeah

Actually I'm riding the century not the 2 day so I won't see see Paul on the road.

Here is the list of notables (a couple of which are more interesting to me than Paul...):

http://www.dempseychallenge.org/pro-athletes

And that's in addition to Dr. McDreamy himself, who always rides.

Of those listed, I've seen Fast Freddy speak at this event before and was hugely impressed - a guy really trying to do good things (and succeeding).

It will be COLD, but at least dry. Probably in the 20sF at he start, but maxes at about 45 so I can wear warm stuff and probably not have to take it off.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

10/18/15 7:23 PM

Another Hardman Century

Started high 20sF and windy, finished low 40s and very windy. So as the temp increased a bit it got windier, no net gain. Heavy clothes, two layers of wool with winter jacket, hat, gloves, leg warmers, booties the whole way, never thought of taking anything off. Fairly difficult course, but has some nice long, gradual downhills toward the end. Today you were stood up by the wind on some of these, not fair! I was shaking a bit the first couple miles, punched it up the first few hills to warm up. Some guys reported they were snowed on. I didn't experience that, but snow showers were reported.

Monday I was riding in shorts and short sleeves.

Great ride though, super event.

Reply to topic    

rickhardy
Location: Needham outside of Boston - the hub of the universe

10/19/15 9:30 AM

Hills no bargain

with those temps esp at the end when you might have been depleted brrrr :(

Reply to topic    

dan emery

10/22/15 4:52 PM

Pics

Apparently VeloSnooze was covering the Dempsey Challenge and here are some nice shots (courtesy of Rick, who seemingly sees everything cycling-related on the interwebs) showing the celebs and some nice foliage.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/10/gallery/gallery-the-dempsey-challenge_388061

But the best part is all the people on the roadside throughout rural Maine ringing bells and saying "thank you for riding."

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -