HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Them Changes

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

10/12/15 4:38 PM

Them Changes

Referring to weather, not the awesome Miles/Hendrix blaster.

It got to about 70F today, rode in shorts and short sleeves, pretty unusual for this time of year.

No such luck for a century Sunday though, predicted about 28F at the start, 46 at the max. Fine with me as long as it stays dry, as currently predicted. Pretty good temp swing.

Reply to topic    

Steve B.

10/12/15 6:47 PM

Wondering though if you've noticed over the past decade or so, that it stays warmer later in Sept and early Oct. ?

Reason I ask, is we drive up from L.I. to camp in your wonderful state. Lily Bay in Greenville, Rangely Lake, Cobscook in Lubec and the past 2 years in Camden Hills, where we were 2 weeks ago. Been doing this for about 8 years now.

On a Monday it was 70+ and we were swatting mosquitos. We hate bugs which is why we've always waited till late Sept. as they always were gone by then. On 9/29&30 it rained about 9 inches. Then we went back to camping and it got pretty cold, but not too bad, though it was 29 up in Greenville. I'm now thinking we will wait to a week later next year. And freeze our butts off. NE weather !

Reply to topic    

Sparky

10/12/15 6:55 PM

Buddy and Jimmy, or Miles Davis ? Miles Davis, nuff said....

Then there is Buddy, Buddy and Bruce. A Tisket A Tasket... You get the idea. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k54r_ANt8o

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

April

10/12/15 10:56 PM

quote:
Wondering though if you've noticed over the past decade or so, that it stays warmer later in Sept and early Oct. ?

I have.

I used to hang up my bike by end of October. But the past few years, I've been riding into mid-November. Last year, it was so warm that I almost rode on Thanksgiving day!

Yesterday hiking in the Adironack in long pants and felt like I over-dressed. Today wore shorts and short sleeves, felt just right. Tomorrow? Forecast of rain. By weekend, it's forecast to be snow up there! But I'm going to Lake George for some gravel grinding!!!

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dan emery

10/13/15 4:04 AM

Weather changes

SteveB, first, those are some great destinations. The Lobster Ride is an excellent century that loops up through the Camden Hills (then down to Port Clyde and Marshall's Point lighthouse).

My memory is not great for weather trends, but it does seem to be more variable and unpredictable recently.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -