CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

What to do when you get to old to ride a motorcycle.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tom Price

10/9/15 3:54 PM

What to do when you get to old to ride a motorcycle.

Here is a great way to use your spare motorcycle parts in a 4 wheeler!

https://youtu.be/UsbfzmPCYX4

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

10/9/15 3:58 PM

I dig that big time!

As too the canyon carving:

Sparky

10/9/15 4:12 PM

After watching the VID, I wonder if Leno made him an offer he couldn't refuse...

I'd like to really see the drive line logistics.

dddd

10/9/15 5:09 PM

Watching the video, I couldn't help but imagine a big, powerful Ducati engine in one of these minicars. From my house I often hear the big Duc's blasting our back roads, and what music they make!

I spent some time talking bikes with Jay back in '91 or '92, outside at The Rock Store. He had a Vincent Black Knight with a flip-up one-piece body that he seemed proud of, and I was there (newly back in SoCal) with my '72 Kaw H2.

I also was wondering how the bike engine's countershaft was linked to the two-piece BMW driveshaft that the owner mentioned. From the disposition of the engine, I guess no chain is involved, just a matter of getting the motor mounts to keep the attachment from being overloaded.

Reply to topic    

Matthew Currie

10/10/15 8:11 AM

It's not all that new an idea, though. I think the English have been doing similar things forever. Didn't the original Morgan have an aircooled twin? I remember when I was a kid, a person in the vicinity had a Berkeley, which was a little English sports car with a fiberglass body and a two stroke motorcycle engine. It sounded like a chain saw and looked as if it would fly apart at any moment, and it did not actually go very fast, but burned up the village streets and it looked fast.

Reply to topic    

walter

10/10/15 8:49 AM

morgan 3-wheeler

air-cooled V hung out for the world to see. spoked wheels. lots and lots of moto DNA. not much car there, really.

i like this guy's rat-rod honda. well done and looks like loads of fun!

walter

10/10/15 8:55 AM

honestly, if you want to get the "moto" feel...

...a leaning 3-wheeler is the way to go. you still get the moto riding experience and use some of the moto skills. driving a car, even a lightweight rat-rod, is still driving a car.

Matthew Currie

10/10/15 9:03 PM

dddd's Ducati speculation has some nostalgic allure.

I once had a Desmo 300 single. What an amazing piece of engineering that was, with desmodromic valves whose cams were operated by vertical shafts driven by spiral helical bevel gears, all in aluminum castings that looked like jewelry. All adjusted with shims. The bike itself was a ratty rusty old thing, but that engine was a thing of beauty, with a unique sound consisting almost entirely of bass and treble without mid-range. If you tap danced on a kettle drum while ripping fabric, you'd come close.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -