HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

GOP Debate

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

8/7/15 4:31 PM

GOP Debate

I DVRed and watched the debate hoping the Trump/Christie dynamic would provide some entertainment. They musta had a pact, and did not interact at all. So the NY/NJ bully show was a dud, sigh... ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

ErikS
Location: Slowing boiling over in the steamy south, Global Warming is real

8/7/15 6:54 PM

There is nobody to vote for.

If Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders could get to together and compromise a bit, I would have ticket I would punch.

Not a single mainstream candidate has my attention.

Damn, I guess I have gone full libertard. The next thing you know I will start riding a bike and shaving my legs like some weird hippie.

Andy M-S

8/7/15 7:10 PM

Sorry to hafta be the one to tell ya this

Hippies don't shave.

Sparky

8/7/15 7:38 PM

Hipster....

walter

8/7/15 9:35 PM

Carly is smarter than the lot of them ...

...by a factor of 10! Its not even close...

Sparky

8/7/15 10:41 PM

Seems like a Fox financiers game show. How Carly Fiorina did not make it to the big game table is a shame.

The more I see Trump's antics, the more I think he is a hamstring by proxy for Hilary maybe...

The debate covered taking points pandering to the base only. Seemed like some questions about income equality and little things like voters rights might be appropriate. But I guess those are Democratic talking points.

ErikS

8/8/15 6:29 AM

It is all wasted effort at this point in the election. They all threw their names in the hat to early. Any momentum they have now will be gone by the fall of 2016 when it matters. Plus they have way to much time to eff things up for themselves.

The democrats are smart, they aren't going nuts yet and are letting the republicans kill their own chances.

Sparky

8/9/15 7:29 PM

I think dumb ass did it now. Tell every woman you know to mail a tampon or maxi pad to Trump towers. Love to see that go viral! What a colossal piece of shiet! Although the change to back pedaling from doubling down was bound to come sooner or later...
One he burried his foot in his own ass, or mouth... same difference in his case...

Brian Nystrom

8/9/15 7:57 PM

It's only a matter of time

If this doesn't get rid of him, he'll do something else stupid soon. It's obvious that he simply can't help himself, as he apparently has a terminal case of cranial-rectal inversion What I can't figure out is how such a moron got to be so wealthy. Only in America!

Reply to topic    

JohnC

8/9/15 8:49 PM

quote:
If this doesn't get rid of him, he'll do something else stupid soon. It's obvious that he simply can't help himself, as he apparently has a terminal case of cranial-rectal inversion What I can't figure out is how such a moron got to be so wealthy.

It's not that he's stupid, or not very stupid. It's his colossal ego and assholity that overwhelm his intelligence in these situations. That particular imbalance is not such a liability in business, once you get to a certain level. To put it differently, you can get rich being pretty smart and a huge asshole, but it's a lot harder to get elected with that combination, unless you're a closet asshole (like Nixon, for example), rather than openly asshole like Trump (credit to Jon Stewart for that insight).

walter

8/10/15 6:28 AM

like it or not, being president requires a degree of...

...humility, respect for others, and decorum.

none of which trump possess.

PLee

8/10/15 9:55 AM

Carly Fiorina - NOT

Carly comes across ok on TV, but talk to anyone who has worked for her and you come away totally unimpressed.

Trump is a bully with an ego and the arrogance to support it, with a modicum of business street smarts. He was lucky to have had a father who gave him money to play around with. After running companies into the ground, he figured out he could make more money licensing out his name, with less risk, than actually building things.

Reply to topic    

KerryIrons

8/10/15 4:42 PM

Talking points

quote:
Seemed like some questions about income equality and little things like voters rights might be appropriate.

Sparky, you have to remember it was Fox "News" that hosted this. Given their editorial position on these two issues you know they're not going to be highlighting either one in their "debate" questions.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

8/10/15 5:22 PM

Definitely wrong party's talking points...

ErikS

8/11/15 9:18 AM

Dare I say.

http://www.lp.org

Sparky

8/11/15 10:36 AM

I hear you Erik. I think I am in the same moderate place I have always been. I had to choose to go a bit to one, voted for Bush Sr. for better or worse.

The big circle of political climate has moved around my little circle now to the extent I am not near that middle anymore. In fact maybe I am in the eye of that hurricane, certainly more left than right anymore...

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -