Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Five Conti GP4KS 25C for 172.00 today

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

5/25/14 12:06 PM

Five Conti GP4KS 25C for 172.00 today

Probike kit www.probikekit.com

5 # 37.39 EA. Plus below code for 15.00 off order above 175.00. So just under 35.00 ea., as good a price as I have paid to date pretty much..

The TYREUS10 code which should have worked would and been a few more dollars off. But I could not get that to work. It kept disappearing. Then came back after I made the order, but could not add any tires, maybe stock too low??

I tried to get two 23C and three 25C, could not get that to work either. Even tried a non FF browser.
Logged in, not logged in, eeesh. ;)

But I think [wondering] the GP4KS ii is about to make the non ii be gone unless you find old stock. So if you like them, grab some I guess. Literately guess. ;O

_________

NOTES: 25C GP4KS sit at 26.8mm on A23 wide Velocity Rims.

the New ii version in a review seem to be slighly smaller laid folded side to side. So I think they might be closer to a real 25C on a Open Pro or similar rim. conjecture and internet data, grain/sodium etc.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Dave B

5/25/14 4:06 PM

As a general rule I've found the UK sites (ProBikeKit, Wiggle, Ribble) much lower in cost for tires and most components than US based sellers. They will quote in $US and shipping is free above a relatively low minimum order.

Delivery can be remarkably fast (less than 1 week) or quite slow (3+ weeks) mostly depending on what happens in US Customs.

Sparky

5/25/14 8:22 PM

Got/get all my Contis there, always best price on those. Usually a week or a little more IIRC to get them to the door.

Brian Nystrom

5/26/14 10:13 AM

The $37.39 price is good for any quantity

I just checked it today and the US175 discount code is still good, too.

Reply to topic    

LeeW

5/27/14 11:10 AM

Probikekit order

I ordered from them last week and just received the package today. Strange, but there was a tiny 250-ml bottle of Lipton Iced Tea packed in with the tires. Wtf?
Have you ever seen that Sparky?

Reply to topic    

sanrensho

5/27/14 11:25 AM

Lee, did your order come with any extra charges, specifically handling fees from AirCityPost? There have been several reports that PBK is now using a forwarder/agent instead of Royal Mail/Parcelforce.

Reply to topic    

LeeW

5/27/14 2:50 PM

I don't think there were any extra charges. Strangely, the box did not contain a bill of sale inside. However, I just checked my credit card account and PBK charged me exactly what the online order sheet (and confirmation email) had indicated after the discount was applied. ???

Only downside of using PBK is they flooded with me an email every day of flyers and marketing promotions, until I had to unsubscribe.

I don't mind an occasional sale announcement email, but 7 emails in 7 days? Personally, I have no need for those frequent marketing emails and it only pisses me off to be bothered that much. I don't know what the marketing people are thinking. Does anyone on this forum actually prefer to receive multiple marketing emails every week?

Reply to topic    

dan emery

5/27/14 3:43 PM

Hardly

Hate marketing emails, but they are ubiquitous and probably will get more so. I read an interview with the Chairman of LL Bean recently (a great grandson of LL I think) and he was saying what an asset their email program was. Though I like the company and buy a lot of stuff from it, I hate the email. I have unsubscribed a million times. If you buy something online, there is fine print with a box checked indicating you want to receive email, and unless you uncheck it, you get the email. Often I forget about that, and then unsubscribe when the first email arrives. I live about 5 miles from the mothership in Freeport, and my standard disclaimer at checkout is "no credit card, no email" (said politely, as they are nice people just following instructions). But it was enlightening to me to see the Chairman say how valuable these programs are.

Now don't get me started on surveys.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/27/14 5:17 PM

No extras in the box, but not ordered from them since last season. Did no get this order yet, will post if extras.

I have had a few extra dollars hit the CC when I get tires from them above the tire price FWIW.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -