HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Crank brothers upgrade deal - pedals & wheel sets

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Smunderdog

5/16/14 7:12 PM

Crank brothers upgrade deal - pedals & wheel sets

Don't know a thing about their wheel sets, but have been a big fan of their pedals for awhile now. They are offering a pretty slick upgrade deal at the moment:

http://www.crankbrothers.com/rt_ticket_add.php

Reply to topic    

dan emery

5/18/14 4:50 AM

Neat Upgrade

I like the Wheel Deal, they upgrade you from a picture of your existing wheels. I don't have a great need for MB race wheels though...

BTW Nathan, I'm bummed that I had to scratch from the Bike Tour, but it looked like it may have been a washout anyway...

So I can't give a review of Nathan's Active Indy tours, but I can say that all the reviews I found were outstanding.

Reply to topic    

Smunderdog

5/18/14 12:38 PM

Was sorry I missed you as well Dan! My wife had plans Friday night so I was home with my daughter, otherwise we could have at least grabbed a beer.

All is going well with the tour company - in fact this was airing on various news slots last week when you were in town:

http://wishtv.com/2014/05/13/activeindy-tours-combines-history-exercise/

Reply to topic    

Nick Payne

5/19/14 1:22 AM

I have to say, while I like the design of their pedals, the Crank Bros quality leaves something to be desired. Look licensed the Eggbeater design and sold them as the Look 4x4 pedal, and I've been using several pairs of those for quite a few years with zero problems. The bearings all still feel good and there is no play between the pedal spindles and bodies.

But when I wanted another pair of pedals recently, the Look no longer seem to be available, so I purchased a pair of the Crank Bros Eggbeater 3s, and I find that after only about five months of use, they are starting to creak and there is perceptible play between the pedal body and spindle on both pedals. And they've been used only on the road, not submerged, and not bashed against rocks, so this is pretty poor quality compared with the Look copies.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -