HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

How to pick a good Doc for Cyclists

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

5/11/14 3:41 PM

How to pick a good Doc for Cyclists

I'm out riding this am, figured I'd do some intervals and was warming up, but still going about 17 mph, and this guy smokes past me. He looks over and says "Dan...," introduces himself and it's the Doc who replaced my hip 7 years ago. I said "you're faster than me" and he helpfully pointed out I was 10 years older. I said my hip was great and he said he saw no problem watching me from behind. Anyway, he's a great guy and that was fun. One way for a cyclist to pick a Doc - one that can kick your butt on the bike! The guy who did arthro on my knee is even faster.

Haven't done intervals in quite awhile, but I'm trying to punch it up a bit this year, and now my legs are toast.

Last edited by dan emery on 5/11/14 7:10 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic    

KerryIrons

5/11/14 6:56 PM

Jumping on

I was out for a ride earlier this week going into a pretty strong and steady headwind. I passed a guy, telling him he should jump on if he liked and it turned out he was my regular doctor. Reverse situation from Dan's - I'm 15+ years older but faster than him :) Still it's good to have a doc that rides and can understand the issues.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/11/14 7:20 PM

That is cool on both accounts...

I built a bike for my knee doc's partner in Nashville, took him out for a ride and he cried he could never get that fast. I said you just gotta ride the nice OCLV DA bike I built up for ya, keep riding is all...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

April

5/12/14 7:29 AM

How NOT to pick a doctor

I have the reverse situation. My ortho pretends he understands sports his patients play...

When I asked when I could ski after the collarbone break, he said, only xc skiing! Well, I don't fall half as much downhill skiing than xc skiing!!! (granted, xc skiing falls tend to be lower speed falls, however, downhill skiing falls, unless hitting an obstacle, are typically no more impact than xc falls)

Thad said, the poor result was probably only a coincidence though.

rickhardy
Location: Needham outside of Boston - the hub of the universe

5/12/14 10:59 AM

Jeeze Dan

Intervals??? I am going to have to work extra hard now to keep up in August!

Sorry you didn't come down to do Mt Wachusett on Saturday:

Bottom

Top:

Reply to topic    

dan emery

5/12/14 11:10 AM

Me too

Damn Rick, that looks like fun! Yeah did some intervals, 5 of 3 minutes on/ 3 off and my legs are totally wasted. Plus I'm doing a Merckx tt next Sunday. I may win (so far I'm the only entry on my age group).

Reply to topic    

dfcas

5/12/14 12:24 PM

These days its an interval for me just to keep the bike moving in a forward direction. Keeps me anaerobic..

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -