Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

New Bike!
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

6/5/13 9:20 AM

all important tubing

Beats me, I leave that to Richard, he has my measurements & weight. Steel of course, I think he may use some proprietary stuff.

Guess I'd better make sure the check doesn't bounce. Last I knew he wasn't taking orders, though I saw a statement on the inernets that the waiting list was 10 years...

Reply to topic    

walter

6/5/13 9:30 AM

maybe some of that PegoRichie stuff

he collaborated with pegoretti.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

April

6/5/13 9:33 AM

Walter, I can easily stay away for a few weeks, or even months. Do you believe sparky will stay away for even a day and let a thread go by without commenting? ;-)

daddy-o

6/5/13 10:54 AM

Since all I know about RS bikes is they deserve to be in such high demand, did you choose a way for it to be tuned (to your riding)? If so (or if not for that matter) how do you expect it to ride?

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

dan emery

6/5/13 12:11 PM

Tuning

Not really tuned, it's a classic road bike - Richard has my measurements, weight and the dimensions of my Ottrott, also custom and which I consider to fit perfectly. He's been building bikes for 30+ years and I haven't, so I'm more interested in what he thinks will work than what I think will work. I have other bikes for more specialized uses.

I told him I expect it to combine the best features of my '72 Masi, '77 Colnago, '65 Cinelli and '57 Bianchi... I also expect it to be stiff yet resilient, light yet strong, disappear beneath me and corner on rails :)

Actually, the Ottrott is my standard for a great road bike, I'm interested to see how the Sachs compares (not in a better or worse sense, but whether I notice differences I can articulate).

Reply to topic    

sandiway

6/5/13 12:17 PM

sounds great Dan!

Sounds great Dan!

Not that I have any money but I'm truly jealous.

I've said on this forum many years ago that I really wanted one. It doesn't have to ride or corner the best, though I'm sure it does everything well. It's a piece of functional art and craftsmanship.

When I first saw a gorgeous pic of a red and white Richard Sachs in Buycycling magazine a few decades ago, I was smitten.

Sandiway

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/5/13 3:45 PM

I am curious if RS framesets/bike stick to long trail steep front, what I would expect. BB height to low side perhaps generally, or per customer/bike I wonder.
Wet paint or Powder coat? I am a real PC fan after looking at my Strong 13 years later, finish wise...

Not that I have any hopes of getting one for myself.

lrzipris

6/5/13 3:51 PM

When I read your initial post, Dan, I began to fantasize, as I've already been contemplating another bike purchase. But, with the 7-8 year queue, I'd be so old that it would have to be a trike!

So how many bikes do you have now? Quite a stable, as I recall. In any event, ride your RS in good health, as my mother would say.

Reply to topic    

Pat Clancy

6/5/13 7:46 PM

Excellent!

I hope you enjoy it. I trust you'll post some pictures when received?

I'm still in Richard's queue, maybe a year behind you.

Sadly, unless I hit the lottery before he contacts me, I will have to cancel the order. My unexpectedly early retirement won't support a non-essential purchase of that magnitude.

greglepore

6/5/13 7:58 PM

Not pergoretti, panenti...

dan emery

6/6/13 4:47 AM

Bikes

Roy, I'm afraid the RS will make 17 ( not counting the pretzeled PX-10). I guess I'm a bike hoarder.

I looked up the PegoRichie tubing - it's a collaboration of Sachs and Pegoretti, made by Columbus, oversized steel used with Sax Max lugs, bb shell, fork crown. Could be used in my bike atmo.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/6/13 10:40 AM

"not counting the pretzeled PX-10"

If the wheels and gear are still on it, shouldn't it be counted as a half maybe? ;)

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -