HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Parts request

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
greglepore

5/6/13 6:41 PM

Parts request

Way back-maybe around 2000 or so, I swapped a member here a pair of pointy hood Campy levers for the then new 10 spd round hood ones-and swapped the 9 spd cog into the round hood levers in exchange for putting the 10 spd into the pointy ones (right Bill?).

Now its 2013 and I have mostly 10 spd stuff (pride myself on being a generation behind). I need a 10 spd campy cam/gear or a trashed right side Campy lever. Willing to pay current ebay pricing or whatever is fair. Have 2 9 spd cams to trade, or can work out some sort of swap for a pair of Record Ti pointy hood 9 spd ergos....

Just fishing

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Yammie

5/9/13 12:38 PM

Branford

Greg, if they're still operational (and I think they are), try Branford Bike for all the miscellaneous pieces/parts and even manuals for this overhaul.

greglepore

5/9/13 2:32 PM

No longer-they're there, but have cut back on the parts...

Will likely just buy a trashed ebay lever. Funny, the gear has a "10" on it, but only shifts nine...

Dave B

5/9/13 2:51 PM

quote:
Funny, the gear has a "10" on it, but only shifts nine...

I'm sure you're aware of this so don't be offended by my asking but does it shift only nine gears (8 clicks) or does it have 9 clicks for 10-gears?

Sparky

5/9/13 4:24 PM

Waiting for the 'DOH!'....

greglepore

5/9/13 6:02 PM

no doh...I meant that.I'm wondering about the front rachet, the one under the blade, which I don't recall changing but which the online guides say needs to be changed to go to 10.

This is a can o worm thing. Thinking I'll buy a trashed Chorus or Veloce lever and just transfer the paddle and brake lever over, its the only thing different, and I'll do g springs and carrier while I'm in there.

Or just leave it 9 spd, the only reason I was doing this was to make my Powertap wheel usable on this bike without a cassette swap, and who am I kidding, I'm 53 and not hitting tilt on the wattmeter.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -