HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Carl Strong Interview

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave B

2/2/13 8:10 AM

Carl Strong Interview

I know a couple of you have Carl Strong built bikes and all should find this interesting. Bike Rumors has an interview with him in today's edition. Here is the link:

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/02/01/road-to-nahbs-2013-strong-frames/#more-53757

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

RCoapman

2/4/13 1:04 PM

My Strong has been, and always will be, my favourite bike...

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/4/13 1:19 PM

I bet having the new shop at/on his residence/property is well worth the expense and trouble. Imagine moves and resetting up with renting over the years. Now he should not have to worry about that at all.

I love the new head badge...

As far as my Strong, 13 years later I would rather a less aggressive stack. But the frame is second to none across the board. But I may have said that once or twice over 13 years here...

walter

2/4/13 1:24 PM

aggressive stack

i bet carl could fab up some sort of HT extension to make it more "old man friendly" eh?

Sparky

2/4/13 2:55 PM

I find myself favoring the geom on both the Brimstone and Roubaix these days. remarkable similar, BB lower on Brimstone than the Roubaix

Not just stack, but CS, WB too.

In the event I can get back to 5-8k a year, having the Strong around for spirited rides [should that and they occur] could be fun...

I came close to ordering a Carl's Personal Blend order, but the wait and coin did not coalesce on two instant gratification fronts. Maybe better that way...

Now that I am doing up the Ruben for Elaine, I am glad I did not do a new frame. just stick with the old stuff..

I will probably still do it some day. The new Carl frame/bike could take the place of both the Brimstone and Poprad.

The Poprad even though the size is supposed to be for bigger folk than MOI, still feels small to me...

dfcas

2/4/13 4:22 PM

The poprad sizing chart is nuts. I think we ride about the same size and I'm on a 59.

Dave B

2/4/13 5:15 PM

CX?

Isn't the Poprad a cyclocross bike? If so, aren't they sized smaller than a road frame to increase TT clearance, sort of like a MTB?

dfcas

2/4/13 5:54 PM

"Isn't the Poprad a cyclocross bike? If so, aren't they sized smaller than a road frame to increase TT clearance, sort of like a MTB?"

I don't like to size them smaller. I've had about a dozen cross bikes and I prefer same size to the mm if possible. The first one I bought I went down a size and hated it, and since then I've gone same size.

Sparky

2/4/13 6:41 PM

My 853 Poprad I had in NJ was a 59. [2000-02] It did feel a touch big, but the smaller one feels more small that the 59 felt big if that make sense.

I am going to give it a season, but I think I know...

But the 57 instead of the 59 popped up in the trade.

I may offer to trade it for a bigger one, or just the frame... Or sell it and do the Strong, they sell for stupid money considering IMO.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -